This section is intended to provide you with the necessary information, ideas and mindset that have proven useful for future cohousers. There are several things you can do as next steps. The order in which you take these steps is less important than choosing the one that fits your situation the best at the moment. Most folks go through at least a few other steps before joining as an Explorer. During this phase you are learning about us, cohousing in general, and the Washington Commons project in particular. This phase may also consist of learning about yourself and perhaps discovering or rediscovering your own vision in how and where you live. Sense of belonging, isolation, sharing, friendships, and knowing your neighbors are one of the many factors considered by future cohousers. Taking the effort and time to familiarize yourself with these issues can aide you in making decisions that help shape the arc of the new neighborhood. Most folks go through at least a few other steps before joining as an Explorer.
Potential Next Steps (in any order)
- Attend social events, site tours, zoom info meetings or special events hosted by Washington Commons.
- Send us an email or just call us 916-450-0371!
- Reflect on some of these statements/questions:
- What balance of community and privacy is right for me?
- Sharing decision-making, leadership and being part of an egalitarian culture
- Quiet day at home, followed by impromptu movie, BBQ, dessert with neighbors.
- Living mindfully in community, with wisdom, compassion and interpersonal growth.
- After taking any one or more of the above steps, consider becoming an explorer.